My iPhone won’t ring and it was a huge frustration. If you are like me and you’ve tried everything, yet nothing seems to work, this might be the solution you were looking for. I browsed all over the internet and could not find one article mentioning this hack.
My iPhone won’t ring and kept sending me “Missed Call” notifications. It didn’t even ring! I literally looked at my screen and see one call after the other just showing up in my recent calls. After getting 4 or 5 of these I would call the person back and they would say something like: “It didn’t even ring, it kept dropping my call.” What made things even worse is that my phone rang for some of the calls, but not all of them.
The Search (try these first)
Most online solutions include the below list of options to consider. I suggest you start with them. For me none of these things caused the problem – but perhaps your solution can be found here.
- Switch your phone on and off.
- Check ringing volume – is the volume turned up?
- Ensure that your phone is not on silent.
- Make sure you didn’t turn on automatically schedule Do Not Disturb (it silences calls, alerts, and notifications on your iPhone).
- Switch off Call Forwarding in settings.
- Check Headphone jack to see if it isn’t full of dust or debris and acts like your headphones are still plugged in.
- Update your software to the latest
What worked for me was a setting which nobody mentions or writes about. How crazy is that?
On your iPhone go to: Settings > Phone then scroll down to Silence Unknown Callers.
Here is what it does:
“Calls from unknown numbers will be silenced, sent to voicemail and displayed on the Recents list.
Incoming calls will continue to ring from people in your contacts, recent outgoing calls and Siri Suggestions.”
Ensure that it is switched off.
If this helped you, kindly head over to our Facebook page and leave a recommendation or comment here.
If you are still having problems, please comment below.